About the driving test
The DSA – Driving Standards Agency clearly outlines all areas of the Driving test on their website, here’s Evesham Driving Lessons quick guide.
Find out in detail about the different parts of your driving test on the Driving Standards Agency Website.
1. The car practical driving test
The driving test is straight forward and has been designed to see if you:
- Can drive safely in different road and traffic conditions.
- Know The Highway Code and can show this through your driving ability.
Before you start the driving ability part of your test, you’ll have an eyesight check and be asked two vehicle safety questions.
2. The eyesight check
The examiner will ask you to read the number plate on a parked vehicle to test your eyesight.
3. Vehicle safety questions: ‘show me, tell me’
You’ll be asked two vehicle safety questions. These are also known as the ‘show me, tell me’ questions.
- The examiner will ask you one ‘show me’ question, where you’ll have to show them how you’d carry out a vehicle safety check.
- You’ll also be asked one ‘tell me’ question, where you’ll have to explain to the examiner how you’d carry out the check.
4. The driving ability part of your driving test
The driving part of your test will last about 40 minutes. Throughout the test your examiner will be looking for an overall safe standard of driving.
Mat Clark Driving Instructor
Driving Instructor - Evesham Driving Lessons